Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Welcome to My Home

Happy Wednesday everyone :)  I hope you're having a wonderful week!

Here's a layout I did with the Close to My Heart Chantilly paper pack. I have to thank my Secret Santa in a scrapbook group I belong to - Chantilly and the coordinating embellishments was an awesome Christmas gift to receive!

The layout is the first two pages out of a four page layout I did for the open house my mom and I had after moving into our new home. It took about six months to have the open house - but we had a lot of fun once it finally happened. I made my rosette using Scrap Happy Glue from The Rubber Cafe. The creation of the flower is for another post...but if you ever have the chance to join in on one of Melissa's (The Rubber Cafe owner) classes at an Expo near you grab it! She does great technique classes. The bling and embellishments are all the Chantilly embellishments. I used the leaf stamp from the Close to My Heart Chantilly Work Shop to Go stamp set.  

I made the first page last using the left over paper from the second page. I cut a circle out of the card stock under the Chantilly paper so I would have coordinating colors on both pages. The embellishments on the first page are also the Chantilly embellishments. The Wonderful Beautiful Day stamp is from the Buzz and Bumble Work Shop to Go. (Both Work Shop to Go kits are discontinued but they have some really cute ones for this season. The kits come with everything you need plus ideas.)

My inspiration for the second page for this layout was the Close to My Heart layout:
I know my page is a lot different, but I was at a crop and was determined to stick to my Scrap My Stash! I also wanted to highlight a larger picture in my layout. And I save the cute circle embellishment for my next page!

Happy crafting and stay blessed!
Joyce 

3 comments:

  1. Love the layout! You did a great job! Smart use of the negative with the circle cut out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Joyce, these are awesome layouts!! I love the papers you used, might have to look into these beautiful papers. Love the pictures too. Great my my friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute layouts Joyce, I just love that paper too :) You did a cool job on your rendition of the layout. so cute :)

    ReplyDelete

SMASH kit

I just wanted to quickly share part of a SMASH kit I finally finished putting together. I have a SMASH book...it has a lot of beautiful page...