Wednesday, February 5, 2014

More Birthday Celebrations!

It wasn't my intent to start a theme of birthday celebrations...but I guess three layouts in a row makes it a theme! My friend's husband threw a simple but Oh So Fun! birthday party for her. I used the Close to My Heart Bella paper pack. I know that Bella is discontinued but I think their current Huntington paper pack would make this layout beautifully. And yes, I have a lot of CTMH in my stash.


The card stock and patterned paper all came together in the same paper pack. It's double sided so it was easy to pick colors to make the side banners. I used the Creative Memories border system to create the edges. I cut the borders in both a brown color and an off white color from the pack and then just layered them. (This would have also been a great way to use up my scraps.) I mounted the photos in patterned paper from the pack that I wasn't sure I would use. Although that sounds like a challenge for the future - use paper you normally wouldn't use...

The embellishments were laying around my craft room for years...they have made two moves so I figured it was time to use them up. I just added a piece of scrap ribbon to the end of each embellishment to dress it up a bit.

And the most important thing - journaling! It doesn't have to be fancy or lengthy. It only has to share a message. I keep mine simple but I get it done when I do my pages now. I no longer put any pages in my scrapbook until they are journaled. A wonderful friend who introduced me to scrapbooking used to tease me when I said I completed a layout - she always asked if it was journaled...'cause I always put it off. But I've found the sooner I do it once I have created my layout, the better I can share my enthusiasm for what I am sharing in my album.

Happy crafting and be blessed!
Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment

SMASH kit

I just wanted to quickly share part of a SMASH kit I finally finished putting together. I have a SMASH book...it has a lot of beautiful page...