Sunday, February 2, 2014

Tasty and Economical

I love homemade food! I enjoy going out and love the time spent with good friends...but I was brought up on good ole' home cooked meals and still enjoy that the most. I want to share a site I've been using for a while. I've found some tasty recipes and some great grocery store deals too. Yes, even I have learned to plan my shopping trips and have found that I am saving money by doing so. And I'm definitely not depriving myself of anything.
Deals to Meals at http://dealstomeals.blogspot.com/
Deals to Meals

I know this idea is a little late for the big game today (which I am watching at I type). But I just know that the warm weather can't be too far off (I am really over all the white stuff we've been getting in the Northeast...) and that means picnics and more family get togethers for everyone. They have an awesome sandwich ring that is simple to make and looks oh-so impressive.

 Deals to Meals

Looks delicious doesn't it! And the best part is you can make each section of the sandwich ring a "different sandwich" so you can have "one" sandwich that will please everyone. I like roast beef and cheese on one quarter, ham and cheese on another, chicken salad with cran-raisins on another and an Italian sub on the fourth section - something for everyone!

I've made a number of easy and tasty recipes from the site...eggs, pancakes, french toast, specialty butters, various dinners...and I will make them all again, I have enjoyed them all. Now when I made the "Mile High Biscuits" they only made it to about a quarter-mile...but they still tasted really good so I will be attempting those again too. I would love for you to check out some of their recipes at Deals to Meals and let me know which ones you enjoy.

Enjoy!
Joyce

1 comment:

  1. I will have to check out this site Joyce. I'm an old fashion, country cook but new and easy recipes are always welcome! And yes, that sandwich ring looks so good!!! lol Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

SMASH kit

I just wanted to quickly share part of a SMASH kit I finally finished putting together. I have a SMASH book...it has a lot of beautiful page...