Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Tasty Tuesday - Simple Garlic Hummus

I enjoy eating hummus with pita chips and with carrots. For me it makes both a great snack or a quick and tasty lunch. It's one of the easiest things to make. I always say I'm going to make my own...and now I do!


I did treat myself to a Nutra Bullet type machine - it was a special on Groupon. It's the Cuzen brand and seems to work very well for a fraction of the price. It makes little jobs like this so easy.

Here's the recipe straight from my Tastefully Simple blog:

Ingredients
16 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained (reserve 2 Tbsp. liquid)
2 Tbsp. Garlic Garlic™ 
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Juice from ½ a lemon
½ tsp. cumin

Directions
In a small bowl, combine liquid from beans, olive oil, Garlic Garlic and cumin. Place beans in blender or food processor; add lemon juice. Add seasoning mixture; blend on medium-high for about 30 seconds. Scrape sides of blender, move larger pieces or seasonings toward the middle. Blend again for about 10-15 seconds, or to desired consistency. Serve with pita chips or vegetables.

Tips and Hints
  • Try using the juice from a lime instead of a lemon just to mix up the flavors a bit.
  • You can use Roasted Garlic Infused Oil in place of extra virgin olive oil. It has amazing flavor, but remember garlic flavors linger a bit so be sure you’re a “garlic lover.”
  • Want it spicy? Try adding ¼-½ teaspoon Spicy Four-Pepper Dip Mix or Fiesta Party Dip Mix™.

I love to add the Garlic Garlic to mashed potatoes - instant or homemade. Just remember...a little goes a long way with the Tastefully Simple seasonings!

Enjoy!
Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment

SMASH kit

I just wanted to quickly share part of a SMASH kit I finally finished putting together. I have a SMASH book...it has a lot of beautiful page...