Wednesday, January 29, 2014

My Birthday Layout

Happy Birthday to Me! Okay...for those that know me, it's not my birthday...yet. But I did a birthday layout in Close to My Heart's Dream Pop paper. One thing I absolutely love about the CTMH paper packs is that they come with both card stock and patterned paper...so everything matches! I have been known to have trouble matching my blues.

It's hard to tell in the picture, but the card stock is embossed and really "pops" when you see it in person. The diagonal embossing on it adds nice texture to the page.

Every year the Franklin Woman's Club, which I belong to, runs a Tricky Tray to help raise scholarship money for local girls. (The Woman's Club is worldwide and if you're interested there might be one in your area.) But each year it's either on my birthday or within a few days of my birthday so I count it as part of my birthday celebration now. We work hard but have a lot of fun. 

The blue "embellishment" on the upper left corner of the first page is actually a handmade card. I attached it using clear photo mounting corners so the card can be taken out. I did the same with the "Yes I'm late again" card on the second page. Both cards are from close friends and I wanted to make sure I kept them. I used the leftover (and purple) cupcake embellishments from my niece's birthday layout (purple has always been my favorite color). 

The layout is simple, but it tells the story of a part of my life - which is what preserving memories is all about! Decide what you want to highlight in each story. I wanted to highlight my friends at the table, the basket I won and cards from two very special people in my life - plus an adorable fur baby. I do have other birthday cards I saved and added to the adjoining page...but that's for another layout :) 

Happy crafting!
Joyce

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous layouts Joyce! Love the color combo and pattern papers and love those cute cupcakes! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

SMASH kit

I just wanted to quickly share part of a SMASH kit I finally finished putting together. I have a SMASH book...it has a lot of beautiful page...