Sunday, July 14, 2013

Have you ever tried using fabric when making a card? I discovered Farmhouse Memories in Paradise, PA last year during the Lancaster area Shop Hop. The owner, Rachel is so creative and so nice. She has some wonderful cards you can take pictures of while you are there so you can make them when you get home. She also has beautiful quilts, pursues, etc. she has made as well as a nice selection of regular scrapbooking supplies at Farmhouse Memories.

I found this adorable dog fabric that I just HAD to have. Below are five cards I've created with the fabric so far. The fabric is sold is a fat quarter (I am not a quilter so this was new to me). It doesn't seem like a lot of fabric but you can make so much out of one! I still have about 3/4 of my fat quarter left.


When working with fabric you need to adhere the fabric to a "sticky sheet" to prevent fraying. The sticky sheets I purchased from Rachel have adhesive on one side, which is the side you put the fabric on. The paper side is then adhered to your project. The paper gives the fabric that extra stiffness. Some of the images have foam squares behind them and stand up without any problem. You could also use double sided adhesive paper and then stick the one side to scrap paper. You might be able to run the cut out images thru a Xyron also, but I haven't tried that so I don't know for sure how well it will work.

I cut out the images I wanted from the fabric, leaving a border and then applied it to the sticky paper and then cut out the image. I didn't have any problems with the edges fraying. Just remember...sticky paper is not "peel and stick". Once sticky paper is applied to the fabric it's ready to be adhered to your project "as is". I am so used to working with embellishments I pulled the sticky paper off my first few images and had to reapply it!!

One of the best parts about these cards is that all the back grounds are scraps! I have organized my scraps (thanks to Nancy Bankert with 31 Gifts!) and was able to use them up. Here is a closer look at the cards.






And don't forget to add a little something to the inside of your card.


Thanks for stopping by and be blessed!
Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment

SMASH kit

I just wanted to quickly share part of a SMASH kit I finally finished putting together. I have a SMASH book...it has a lot of beautiful page...