Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Tasty Tuesday

This has become one of my favorite quick and easy lunches. The picture does not do the taste justice!

I'm sure you're wondering - what the heck is it!! And it's a very small portion! Have no fear, it's at least half eaten if not more. I totally forgot to take a picture when I first prepared the dish....and honestly, I didn't expect to really enjoy it...lol! It's a combination of pear, brie cheese and dates with a basil balsamic vinaigrette drizzled over the top. There were a few crackers on the side but those are long gone...I love my carbs. This came about because I have been trying different food delivery companies like Taste Guru, Nature's Box and Graze looking for different types of gluten free products and snacks for my mom. In the Taste Guru box one month we received a package of dates. When I saw it I thought...yup, dates are naturally gluten free but what the heck am I going to do with these??? I am not really a "date person"....pitted or not pitted. But luckily for a me a few recipes came with my box. So Sunday afternoon I decided to try the recipe and see how it was. My philosophy is...I'll try almost any recipe and if it doesn't work out, that's what pizza delivery is for! (And boy does my niece have a story for you of my worst failed recipe...) This turned out to be really tasty and it's definitely on the "make again" list. Just cut everything up and drizzle with the vinaigrette. I think would be really good with some of the different gourmet vinaigrettes on the market now too.  Even if you're like me and not a "date person" you definitely want to try this recipe!

Tasty Blessings!
Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment

SMASH kit

I just wanted to quickly share part of a SMASH kit I finally finished putting together. I have a SMASH book...it has a lot of beautiful page...