Monday, June 29, 2015

Graduation Take Two

Good morning everyone! Here is the second graduation card I made. I know I took a picture of the two of them side-by-side but I can't find it, so I guess I must have accidentally deleted it. But they are the same card for my nieces just each in their own school colors.
 My friend Fran showed me a quick and easy way to make a shaker card. Just cut a piece of foam smaller than the paper going over it. I put a little temporary adhesive on and stuck the two pieces together and ran them thru my Big Shot at the same time.
 Adhere the foam onto your card, being sure to get around the edges of your opening so your pieces don't slide behind it. I accidentally purchased foam with adhesive on the back which worked out perfectly. I didn't even realize it came that way...a successful "mistake"...lol!
Drop your glitter in, put a piece of something clear over the top, gluing the edges well, and let it dry completely before playing with your shaker card. Yes, I played with mine before the glue was dry and some of the pieces stuck to the edges...oops! I think it still ended up being a cute card and my nieces liked them.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SMASH kit

I just wanted to quickly share part of a SMASH kit I finally finished putting together. I have a SMASH book...it has a lot of beautiful page...