Monday, July 1, 2013

A Heritage Album for My Mom

I have started an album for my mom of a lot of her favorite photos (and some of my favorites of her!). It was initially a surprise for her but I have given her about a dozen layouts so she knows now...and I can safely post without fear of ruining the surprise. Some of the layouts I wanted to keep extremely simple because I just loved the photo and didn't want to take anything away from it. I want the total focus of the page to be the photos - no beautiful elements, fancy ribbon, etc. Hopefully I've accomplished that with these two photos!

This one is obvious - my mom on her wedding day. Isn't she beautiful!!


And this is one of my mom and her brother. Mom is going to do the journaling on the page so that is why the journaling box is empty.


As we all know, journaling is extremely important - no matter how little or how much you choose to do. I learned that lesson the hard way. I would "finish" my albums and then go back and journal, sometimes a year or so later. With one event I realized the excitement and passion for the event was gone - and my journaling wouldn't be the same because of it. Don't get me wrong, I had great memories of it, but it was missing that added excitement, that "extra something" that can be hard to describe two years later. So even if you have to just jot down journaling on a piece of paper and stick it with your photos to add later, it will be worth it in the end.

Make the most of what you have and be blessed!
Joyce


No comments:

Post a Comment

SMASH kit

I just wanted to quickly share part of a SMASH kit I finally finished putting together. I have a SMASH book...it has a lot of beautiful page...