Saturday, September 5, 2015

Simply Saturday

I have been really bad about posting for Simply Saturday...just having too much fun this summer. I apologize to everyone.

If you haven't checked out the Close to My Heart Cricut cartridges you really should! So far I only have the Artbooking cartridge and really love it. It has some amazing backgrounds so I decided to create a stencil with one of the backgrounds. Here is the stencil I created:
This was really super easy to create!! I used a cheap Dollar Store cutting mat (they come 2 in a package for $1.00). I used the heavy blade and had the cut run three times. A good friend suggested using painters tape on the edges to be extra sure the mat stays down. Then I inked over the stencil on a piece of white paper. This was just too much fun to create!
I can't wait to create  more with the great backgrounds they have on the cartridge! Actually I have some old photos of playing with my oldest niece and I think it might be the perfect paper for it.

Thanks so much for stopping by and happy crafting!
Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment

SMASH kit

I just wanted to quickly share part of a SMASH kit I finally finished putting together. I have a SMASH book...it has a lot of beautiful page...